Recently, most people turned to have Hollywood
smile after it has spread widely among celebrities, as it was only a preserve for
them. But now it is available to everyone. Veneers, usually made of porcelain,
and placed on the front of the tooth. They change the color, size and shape of
the tooth, in addition to the possibility of adjusting the length. Porcelain is
a material that is resistant to pigmentation, and it also gives a look that is
closer to natural teeth, giving a beautiful and unobtrusive smile.
We resort to designing this smile in
several cases, including:
• Teeth that are discolored and cannot be bleached.
• Teeth with multiple pigmented cosmetic restorations. Partially broken teeth.
• The presence of small spaces between the teeth (especially diastema).
• Abnormal positioning of the teeth. Note that in some special cases it is not
possible to perform this smile, includes:
1- people who have bad oral habits such as biting on pens, biting nails, and
gnashing of teeth.
2- people with poor oral care.
3- Existence of large spaces between the teeth that require orthodontic
4- Tooth protrusion significantly. It is possible that it does not include all
the teeth, as the doctor may do only the teeth visible in the smile.
Smile making steps
- Diagnosis and development of an appropriate treatment plan.
- Choose a color.
- Preparing the teeth to receive the faces (veneers), so that the doctor removes a thin layer of the tooth surface ranging from 0.5-0.3 mm.
- Taking an impression of the prepared teeth and sending it to the laboratory.
- Design and manufacture the veneers by the laboratory.
- The doctor tries the veneers and makes sure that they are suitable in terms of shape, size and color.
- Consent of the patient.
- Final gluing of faces.
Hollywood smile pros
- A bright and attractive smile.
- Prevents pigmentation and discoloration of teeth.
- Gives the possibility to choose the color, shape and length that the patient
prefers, in proportion to the shape of the face and skin color, in agreement
with the doctor.
Despite the positives of Hollywood smile
and the popularity of it, it is expensive and requires good financial means.
These crusts last for 10-15 years, and may last longer.Depends on the patient's care and how much he cares about his oral