Your way to a perfect body!
Are you tired of following different and exhausting diets, exercising in all forms, without getting a noticeable result?
Do you still have a lot of weight to lose?
So, consider trying the sleeve gastrectomy surgery for weight loss, offered to you by Beauty Valleys Clinic through the latest technologies and the most skilled specialists in this field.
What is a Gastric Sleeve?
It is a process that is carried out under general anesthesia, in which the doctor removes part of the stomach, and joins the remaining parts together to form a new stomach, similar to the shape and size of a banana, called (sleeve), so that only about 1/10 of the size of your original stomach remains, and the doctor will also remove a part From the stomach where an appetite-stimulating hormone is produced. Which helps to feel full almost permanently much faster than the patient was before, and he will not eat as much food as he was eating previously, which leads to weight loss.
This technique is applied through laparoscopy, which involves inserting a tiny camera through several small incisions in the upper abdomen.
This process has three types:
- Total sleeve gastrectomy: where the stomach is completely removed.
- Partial sleeve gastrectomy: only part of the stomach is removed, usually the lower part.
- Left-sided sleeve gastrectomy: The left part of the stomach is removed.
Preparing for Gastric Sleeve surgery:
If you are considering a Sleeve Gastrectomy, you may need several tests to ensure that you are a good candidate for this procedure.
Your doctor will tell you what the changes you may need to make to your medications or diet in the days or weeks before surgery.
You will also should not eat or drink the night before the operation.
This process takes about one to two hours, the patient would be monitored by doctors, in order to control any complications.
After the surgery, the patient needs a period to rest, with a diet that starts with non-carbonated and sugar-free liquids, during the first seven days, then he can eat mashed and light food on the stomach, for three weeks, and after the fourth week he can eat normal food.
It also requires taking several vitamins and nutritional supplements containing calcium, in addition to taking vitamin B12 injections once a month, for life.
It is possible that the patient will undergo changes due to the body’s reaction to rapid weight loss during the first 3 to 6 months, among these changes:
- Body aches.
- Feeling tired like the flu.
- Feeling cold.
- Dry skin.
- Thinning and hair loss.
- Change in mood.
Candidates for Sleeve Gastrectomy:
- This technique is used in severe obesity if the body mass is about 40%.
- Sleeve gastrectomy is performed to protect from several diseases, such as high cholesterol, obstructive sleep apnea, stroke, cancer, and infertility.
- The patient must also be prepared to undertake a long-term diet to maintain his health by following up with a specialist doctor.
- One of the advantages of reducing the size of the stomach is determining the amount of food a person eats through hormonal changes. These hormonal changes help reduce diseases, such as high blood pressure or heart disease, and type 2 of diabetes problems.
When should you think about Sleeve Gastrectomy?
Usually, the first step of treatment is to try to change the amount of food that the patient eats, his daily activity, sports habits, and some medications that can help lose weight can be used.
Thinking about surgery begins after trying all alternatives and other options, and if it does not work, then Gastric Sleeve Surgery can be used.
Is the Gastric Sleeve procedure safe?
Yes, it is completely safe and very simple, if you adhere to the directions of our doctors.
Only in some cases a bleeding or fluid leakage can come from the stomach occur.
Sleeves may stretch over time, recovering some of the lost weight.
Do not hesitate to make your body healthier and more balanced, visit us at Beauty Valleys Clinic to help you choosing the best for you.